It’s Been a Long While…
March 26, 2012 § Leave a comment
Yes, I’m alive. No, I didn’t fall off the face of the earth, though I did fall off of the face of the blogging world. Between classes, work, extracurriculars, internship hunts, and trying to find some “me” time, I’ve been way too busy to blog. Yes, you’re allowed to yell and throw things. I don’t blame you.
What’s happened since my last post? Well, the last time I wrote was around Thanksgiving. A lot has happened since then. Let’s see…
- I passed all of my classes for the fall semester. Exciting, ain’t it? 😉
- I enjoyed a month at home in my parent’s new house in Spokane for winter break. I also turned 21 over break, which was much less exciting than it’s made out to be by everyone your whole life. I do enjoy not having to worry about my age in restaurants/bars/random locations, though.
- I started a new semester, in which I’m taking Prose: Style & the Sentence, Writing for Non-Profit Institutions, Introduction to Digital Imaging, and History of American Broadcasting. All great classes, and while it’s a lot of work, I’m enjoying this semester.
- I’ve started riding English (I’ve been riding Western since I was 7). It is so amazing. I’m even jumping! I can’t believe I didn’t start riding English earlier, and I’m quite sad that I have so much catching up to do. I’m working hard at it, though!
- Carrying my Alesya Bag has been a joy every day. I use it daily as my bookbag for classes (it holds everything I need and more–and there are days where I’m carrying a folder stuffed with readings, three notebooks, and three books!) and love it for traveling. It has been the best solution to my constant struggle of finding 1) a cute laptop bag that isn’t made for a man/is incredibly bulky; 2) a cute laptop bag that has pockets for all of my other thing; and 3) a cute laptop bag that protects my laptop. Yes, my bag fulfills all of those requirements, and more! I’ve been working to promote the bag wherever I go, and I’ve found that I’m most successful in airports. While a lot of women on my campus love the bag, the price is just too much of a deterrent. I’ve started changing my tactics and pitching it as a great graduation present — it would be a wonderful present for a new graduate who will be dragging their laptop to work every day!
- Really exciting stuff: I’ve signed a contract to work with Livefyre full-time this summer in community management/strategy! I couldn’t be more excited to join the team again this summer, meet the new crop of interns, and get back into the ever-moving world of community management. I’ve missed the Livefyre community like crazy!
I think that’s it (for now, anyway). I’ll be updating as this school year comes to a close and I make the move back to the Bay Area for my summer at Livefyre. Life keeps chugging along!